The following items are accepted at the listed locations:
- Nickel-Cadmium batteries are accepted at Wal-Mart and Home Depot
- Polystyrene foam trays are accepted at Publix
- Scrap metal is accepted at the Paulding County Landfill
- Scrap metal includes old appliances, bikes, grills, lawn mowers, etc.
- Scrap tires can be taken to any tire dealer for recycling, though there is a charge
- Motor oil can be recycled at places like AutoZone, Pep Boys, and Advanced Auto
- Auto batteries are accepted for recycling at many stores that sell them
- Waste paint should be hardened before disposal
- Duron Paint in Hiram sells a product called Waste Paint Hardener that may be purchased for around $3 and can be put in unwanted paint for absorption for disposal
For more information, please call 770-445-5356.