Sr. Business License Technician
Community Development Director
240 Constitution Blvd.
Ph: (770) 443-7596
Fx: (678) 224-4514
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
* The Business License Office reviews, processes, and administers Occupation Tax Certificates for unincorporated Paulding County. The Occupation Tax Certificate is valid for the calendar year and tax is due and payable by December 31st of every year.
* Any person engaged in any business, trade, profession, or occupation and located in unincorporated Paulding County is required to register their business with the county and obtain an Occupation Tax Certificate.
What is an Occupation Tax?
An Occupation Tax means a tax levied on persons, partnerships, corporations, or other entities for engaging in an occupation, profession, or business and enacted by a local government as a revenue-raising ordinance or resolution (GA Code Sec 48-13-5
The use of the term "Business License" has become commonplace in referring to the Occupation Tax Certificate.
How do I start my own business in Paulding County?
1. Choose what type of business you will be conducting (whether it be selling goods, performing a service, manufacturing a product).
2. Decide where you are going to have your business location - Home Based (Residential) or Commercial (Non-Residential). Please view map to determine if location falls within unincorporated Paulding County
3. Think of a business name. Please review GA Code Sec 10-1-490
4. Apply for a Paulding County Business License.
How do I apply for a Paulding County Occupation Tax Certificate (Business License)?
1. Complete Home Based
Business License application.
2. Collect all necessary documents
required by the Business License Office for your type of business.
3. Provide paperwork and tax fee in person, by mail, email or fax to the Business License Office (emailed or faxed documents tax can be paid by phone).
How can I pay my occupation tax for next year/renew my business license?
Online (only available during certain times of year)
In office Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
By mail to Paulding County Business License Division 240 Constitution Blvd 2nd Floor Dallas, GA 30132
By telephone by calling (770)443-7596