Click to Home
Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Notification Off
Occupation Tax Certificates
Occupation Taxes
Jennilee Walters
Business License Technician

Ann Lippmann
Community Development Director

240 Constitution Blvd.
Second Floor
Dallas, GA  30132

Ph: (770) 443-7596
Fx: (678) 224-4514

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Any person engaged in any business, trade, profession, or occupation and located in unincorporated Paulding County is required to register their business with the county and obtain an Occupation Tax Certificate.

The Business License Office will process, administer and enforce all occupation tax certificates issued in unincorporated Paulding County.  The occupation tax certificate is valid for one calendar year and must be renewed each year. 

How do I apply for an Occupation Tax Certificate?

It is a State Law for any business that is not operating under their own name but rather a fictitious/trade name and is not registered with the Secretary of State, to register with the Clerk of Superior Court in the county where it will transact the majority of its business.  Paulding County Clerk of Superior Court can be reached at 770-443-7527. Any business not registered with the Secretary of State or the Clerk of Superior Court, must do so before applying with the Business License Department.

Complete the proper Occupation Tax Certificate application and submit to the Business License Office with full payment of fees.  If your business requires a State of Georgia License, you will need to provide us with a copy.  For incorporated business please submit a Certificate of Registration from the Secretary of State, to obtain information on becoming incorporated please call (404) 656-2817 or visit the Secretary of State website.  In order to comply with Georgia State Law, every new applicant is required to complete an Affidavit Verifying Legal Status (S.A.V.E.) and an E-Verify Affidavit stating the employer is authorized or not required to use E-Verify.

How do I renew my license?

*Credit/debit card by phone (770-443-7596)
*In person

Any business employing 10 or more employees must provide their E-Verify number in order for the application to be processed. If you are not a U.S. Citizen a SAVE Affidavit and verifiable proof will be required to renew your license.

Are there additional requirements if I move my business to a commercial property?

Businesses moving to commercial properties must obtain a Certificate of Occupancy from the Building & Permitting Division.  Contact the Building & Permitting Division for more information at 770-443-7571.

Business License News
On June 25, 2013, the Board of Commissioners adopted resolution 13-14 Amending Articel IV of Chapter 30 of the Offical Code of Paulding County regarding Occupational Taxes with an effective date of July 1, 2013. All occupational licenses will now be valid for calendar year January 1st to December 31st. In order to get all occupational licenses on the new schedule, current licenses will be prorated and/or credited. New occupational licenses will be issued in accordance with the revised ordinance. If you should have any questions please call 770-443-7596.

The Board of Commissioners • 240 Constitution Blvd. • Dallas, GA 30132 • Contact Us
Privacy Policy