What You Can Do
Responsible Pet Ownership
You can assist the Animal Control Department by:
- Making sure your pets are spayed / neutered and vaccinated
- Making sure your pet gets proper medical care and routine examinations
- Making sure your pet has an adequate supply of food and water
- Non-agricultural animals (cats and dogs) must be provided with a shelter. Ideally, cats should be kept as indoor-only pets.
- Making sure your pet is under your control, preferably contained within a fenced area
- Being considerate of your neighbors regarding your pet’s behavior
- Considering obedience training classes for behavior problems
- Obeying your County and/or city animal control ordinances
- Keeping your pets for the duration of their life
- Looking for your lost pet immediately at the shelter
For more information, please call (770) 445-1511.