program offered in concert with other school-based prevention activities and intervention strategies for the identification, early intervention, and aftercare support of students at risk for substance abuse, my be viewed as a comprehensive substance abuse program that meets the goals of the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act.
D.A.R.E. has become the premiere substance abuse program in the world today. It is taught in all fifty of the United States and in 52 countries around the world. D.A.R.E. works hard to keep students away from drugs and violence.
A Comprehensive program within the school offers such educational activities as the following to heighten awareness and knowledge about alcohol and other drug dependencies.
- A comprehensive program of instruction of the harmful effects of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs that are commonly abused.
- Ideally, this instruction should be offered as an integral part of the school's comprehensive health curriculum.
- Faculty in-serve training.
- Instruction by DARE officer in target classrooms.
- Interest groups.
- Parent outreach and support.
No material from this site may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.