The primary purpose of the Sheriff’s Office is to maintain social order within prescribed ethical and constitutional limits, while providing professional law enforcement services to all. To attain this, the Department enforces the law in a fair and impartial manner, recognizing both the statutory and judicial limitations of Sheriffs’ authority and the constitutional rights of all persons.
The Sheriff’s Office recognizes that no law enforcement agency can operate at its maximum potential without supportive input from the citizens it serves. The Sheriff’s Office actively solicits and encourages the cooperation of all citizens to decrease the opportunities for crime and to facilitate the maximum use of resources.
The Paulding County Sheriff’s Office places great value in:
- A well-trained, professional staff that continues to grow in their service to the County and Criminal Justice System
- Ideas of the staff intended to improve the operation of the Sheriff’s Office
- A secure and safe community for those who work or visit here, such that public safety is preserved and all persons feel safe from physical harm
- A healthy, clean, and agreeable work environment
- A facility and operations which meets all professional standard requirements of constitutional and State laws
- Pride in work and the workplace
The work of law enforcement officers has become increasingly complex. Law enforcement officers now require a high level of training and preparation to be effective on the job. Continued, upgraded training each year is required to maintain competency and to develop new skills. Effective performance on the job requires:
- Keen, educated observation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Responsive behavior in dealing with the public
- Ability to negotiate effectively in normal and stringent circumstances
- Ability to act decisively in emergency situations, consistent with policy