280 Constitution Blvd.
Ph: (770) 443-7541
Fx: (770) 443-7631
Monday - Friday
8:00 am -5:00 pm
Georgia Weapons Carry Permit Applications will be taken Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Please Note: The office of the Probate Court will be closed on Wednesday, October 11, 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for our quarterly staff meeting.
The office of the Probate Court performs many functions including, but not limited to:
- Administering traffic citations
- Issuing marriage licenses, Georgia weapons carry license, and fireworks display permits
- Maintaining vital records
- Probate procedures such as probate of wills, administrations, and guardianships of minors and adults
The following is more detailed information regarding these matters. Please do not hesitate to contact our office for further information.
Probate Court has exclusive jurisdiction over the:
- Administration of estates
- Applications for year’s support awards
- Permanent guardianship and conservatorship over minor and adult wards
- Probate of wills
- Temporary guardianships of minors
There are filing fees associated with all petitions and these fees are due upon filing the petition. Once the proper paperwork is filed and the fees are paid, you will be notified of a date and time to appear before the Judge to have your petition heard.
Forms for these procedures and additional information are available in the office or online at www.gaprobate.org
Many matters of law are quite complex and may require special knowledge of legal principles and procedures. If you have a problem involving the interpretation of the law, we suggest you contact an attorney licensed in the State of Georgia. Although we cannot recommend a specific attorney, you may contact the Paulding County Bar at www.pauldingcountybar.org
Estate records can be searched and viewed at: https://www.georgiaprobaterecords.com/default.aspxhttps://www.georgiaprobaterecords.com/default.aspx