Sheriff Gary Gulledge has been employed with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office since 1990. He began his career at the Sheriff’s Office as a jailer and rose through the ranks to the Office of Sheriff on January 1, 2009. Sheriff Gulledge has seen many changes at the Sheriff’s Office and in our county. Sheriff Gulledge is committed to maintaining the professionalism at the Sheriff’s Office and promises to serve our citizens in a fair and honest manner. Sheriff Gulledge ran unopposed in the 2012 general election and began his second term as the Sheriff of Paulding County on January 1, 2013. Paulding County Service
Sheriff Gulledge began his career at the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office as a jailer. A short time later he was promoted to the patrol division where he became a mandated deputy. Sheriff Gulledge then worked in the warrants division and briefly in the courthouse security division. Sheriff Gulledge spent the majority of his career in the K-9 Division where he and K-9 Basco were the first dual purpose K-9 team at the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office. Accomplishments
- Expanded the K-9 Division to four fully operational dual purpose K-9 teams.
- Was one of the key individuals responsible for obtaining the permits for the Sheriff’s Office to utilize speed detection devices in the county (RADAR and LIDAR)
- Worked closely with the Haralson-Paulding Drug Task Force for many years and assisted in multiple drug arrest and drug seizures in Paulding, Haralson, and Polk counties
- Received approximately 2000 hours of Peace Officers Standards and Training Council (POST) training throughout his career
- Is a POST-certified law enforcement instructor
- Has both basic and advanced Airborne Counter-Drug Operations Training
- Was recognized as the Law Enforcement Officer of the Year for Paulding County in 1996
Sheriff Gulledge is a life-long resident of Paulding County. He is married to Susie Vaughan Gulledge and has a daughter, Katie.