A Paulding County Sheriff’s Deputy has always been present when court proceedings were being held in the Paulding County Courthouse.
- 1992: Under the administration and direction of Sheriff Bruce Harris, an office for the sheriff was opened in the Superior Court building with one Deputy at the Paulding County Courthouse.
- 1995: Paulding County purchased their first magna-scanner, and the Courthouse Security Division was formed with three Deputies under the supervision of Captain Donny Wix.
- 1997: Northern District Federal Marshals Office donated Paulding County Courthouse Security Division their first x-ray machine.
- February 2009 under the supervision of Major Donny Wix, Paulding County Couthouse Security Division is responsive to the daily needs of various courts of the county. They are as follow:
- Superior Court is a trial court of general jurisdictions where most criminal and major civil cases are held. There are two Superior Senior Judges, One Superior Chief Judge, and two Superior Judges that handle the Superior case loads.
- Magistrate Court encompasses civil claims of $15,000 or less, county ordinance violations, applications for and issuance of:
- Arrest and search warrants
- Preliminary hearings
- Writs of possession
- Distress warrants.
- Appeals from this court are made to the Superior Court. There is one Magistrate Chief Judge and two associate Magistrate Judges to handle the case loads.
- Probate Court handles most traffic related offenses as well as the filing of Wills and other court related documentation. There is one Judge that handles the case load for Probate court.
- Juvenile Court exercises jurisdiction in cases involving delinquent, unruly and deprived children under 17, and termination of parental rights. There is only one juvenile judge that handle the case load for the Paulding County Juvenile Court.
- March 2009: The Paulding County Courthouse moved to its current location and the Courthouse Security Division is now located in the Watson Government Complex at 280 Constitution Boulevard Dallas, Georgia 30132.