Major David Pace is the Uniform Patrol Division Commander. Uniform Patrol encompasses the largest and most visible function of the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office. It is the first line of service to the citizens and the backbone of the Sheriff’s Office. Uniform Patrol is staffed with four Captains who each oversee a shift. There are a number of additional line level supervisors and patrol Deputies that patrol Paulding County daily.
The primary responsibility of Uniform Patrol is to provide 24 hour protection and service for all citizens and visitors of Paulding County. These Deputies help prevent:
- The occurrence of street crimes through visible patrols
- Respond rapidly to all calls of an emergency nature
- Respond to motor vehicle accidents and render aid to victims
- Assist citizens in dealing with legal, social, and medical problems through intervention or directing them to agencies that are equipped to handle their situation
- Reduce traffic congestion and accident hazards through enforcement of traffic laws
- Improve law enforcement and community relations