Stormwater Division

As of July 1, 2011, the responsibilities of the Paulding County Stormwater Department have been transferred to multiple Departments within Paulding County. The Stormwater Department is responsible for inspection and maintenance of detention facilities and drainage systems in subdivisions which have been accepted for perpetual maintenance by the Paulding County Board of Commissioners. Private Developments that the Paulding BOC has not accepted are maintained by the Developments Homeowners Association.

 Engineering is overseen by the Paulding County Community Development Department.  Please contact this Department at (770) 443-7571 to learn more about the following:

  • Stormwater Quality and Erosion, Sediment and Pollution Control Plan Review.
  • Erosion and Sediment Control Complaints; if sediment and/or silted water is leaving a construction site and entering neighboring property or street.
     Stormwater Quality and Illicit Discharge Complaints; if leaves, grass clippings, pesticides, fertilizers, oil, grease, toxic chemicals, litter and other contaminants are physically placed within the storm sewer system (including drainage ditches, curb inlets, storm sewer pipes, streams, creeks and rivers).

 Testing is overseen by the Paulding County Water System.  Please contact this Department at (770) 443-7519 to learn more about the following:

  • Compliance of the treatment facilities and the health of streams throughout Paulding County.

Maintenance is overseen by the Paulding County Department of Transportation.   Please contact this Department at (770) 445-4759 

  • Drainage issues along the right of way 
  • Drainage issues that are adjacent to or located within an existing drainage easement (non-piped systems excluding detention ponds) are the responsibility of the individual property owner.

 If you would like to report a concern or problem, you may contact our administrative office at 770-445-4759 or our Online Service Request Center.